Setting The Standard for Advanced Pregnancy Tests and Evaluation
Evaluating risks before conception and during your first trimester and beyond can minimize medical problems that may affect you or your pregnancy. At the High Risk Pregnancy Center, we provide superior genetic counseling as well as state-of-the-art screenings that give us advanced monitoring capabilities few in the U.S. can match.
Comprehensive diagnostic prenatal testing from the leading edge of maternal fetal medicine.
First trimester screenings, advanced ultrasound, chorionic villus sampling and much more… our specialists provide the expert diagnostics you need. The High Risk Pregnancy Center offers the most advanced tests available anywhere, combined with our perinatology specialists’ in-depth knowledge and experience with virtually every concern that could affect you or your growing baby. We also welcome partners, because we want you both to fully understand your situation.
Reduce your risk of complications with experience, expertise and state-of-the-art technology.
We are one of the few research and teaching sites in the United States for Philips Ultrasound, giving us ultrasound capabilities that are unsurpassed in Nevada. We were also the first current practice in Nevada to be accredited by the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine in Obstetrical Ultrasound.
Our diagnostic capabilities include:
- Detailed medical history – Your care with us begins with a thorough, detailed medical history. We work closely with your referring obstetrician and then talk with you to identify all potential risks to your pregnancy.
- State-of-the-art ultrasound – We perform first trimester ultrasound scans between 11 and 13 weeks that allow us to assess your risk for chromosomal abnormalities such as Down syndrome, major fetal abnormalities such as spina bifida, and heart defects.
- Cell-free DNA testing from maternal blood draw – This non-invasive test detects certain chromosomal abnormalities such as Down syndrome at a 99% detection rate. This test in high-risk patients helps avoid some invasive procedures that have low but present risks of miscarriage. Because we were members of one of the original groups performing the research for this technology—the only center participating in Nevada—we are especially proficient in understanding the nuances of this new screening.
- Amniocentesis – We perform amniocentesis to confirm suspected problems. Our specialists reduce the normal risk of spontaneous miscarriage after amniocentesis by up to 90%. This test is standard in fetuses with anomalies on ultrasound.
- Chorionic villus sampling (CVS) – We were the first provider in Nevada to routinely perform this advanced procedure—and experience counts. With CVS, we are able to detect many genetic abnormalities in the 11th or 12th week of your pregnancy—five to six weeks earlier than with amniocentesis.
- Fetal echocardiography – Using leading-edge ultrasound, our maternal-fetal medicine specialists assess the baby’s heart structure and function in utero. We also combine our expertise with pediatric cardiologists who, when needed, will see patients with us here in our office.
For more information about the advanced pregnancy tests and screenings available at the High Risk Pregnancy Center, call 702-382-3200. You can reach us or request an appointment by using our easy online form.