Comprehensive, State-of-the-Art Services to Keep You and Your Baby Safe and Healthy
Maternal-fetal medicine, like medicine and science itself, is always advancing. At the High Risk Pregnancy Center in Nevada, we stay on the leading edge of our field so we can offer the most appropriate and effective care possible for you and your developing baby. So that you can have a successful pregnancy and delivery, we provide you and your OB/GYN comprehensive subspecialty diagnostics, treatment, counseling and obstetric-team management from leaders in the field. We’re also available 24/7 to help with emerging and developing concerns.
Our services include:
- Preconception counseling – If you know or suspect you could have elevated risks for complications or abnormalities, you can minimize your risk before you conceive with the help of preconception counseling. The CDC has been recommending a preconception counseling visit for women for more than a decade.
- Ultrasound screening for optimal detection – As specialists in high-risk pregnancy, we offer today’s highest level of detection of fetal abnormalities…which is great news for women with normal pregnancies. Get higher resolution and a higher rate of detection, and a greater level of assurance that all is going well.
- First trimester testing – First-trimester screening provides our maternal fetal medicine doctors an effective way to evaluate for Down syndrome and other chromosomal abnormalities as early as 11 to 13 weeks. This screening combines advanced ultrasound techniques with a maternal blood draw .
- Advanced testing & evaluation – State-of-the-art ultrasound. DNA testing via simple maternal blood draw. Expert amniocentesis, chorionic villus sampling, and fetal echocardiography. We provide the most advanced tests available today for assessing risk, identifying abnormalities and providing peace of mind.
- Genetic counseling – Do you have a family history of genetic disease? If so, your risk for passing along a genetic abnormality is elevated. The same is true if you’re age 35 or older. In addition to our leading-edge testing, the High Risk Pregnancy Center has a team of certified, master’s-level genetic counselors who’ll explain your tests, results, individual risks, potential abnormalities and all your options.
- Diabetes counseling – Whether gestational, type 1 or type 2, diabetes is a primary pregnancy complication. As leaders in caring for high-risk pregnancies, we provide advanced care and counseling. Our advanced diabetes practitioners give you the information and support you need to have healthy, full-term pregnancy.
- Advanced treatment – Need specifics in order to sufficiently cover this topic on its own page, which will inform this paragraph.
- Pregnancy-team management – As your high-risk pregnancy specialists, we are one part of your OB team, which includes your obstetrician and other doctors involved in keeping you healthy as well as the pediatrician who’ll be caring for your baby after delivery. While you’re in our care, we keep the other providers on your team informed and involved to ensure optimal care and outcomes.